Chris Greene

Chris Greene


What is a Letter of Map Amendment?

How does a LOMA help you avoid bad situations?

Today, we're going to dive a little bit on Flood Zones. You might be looking around for a great spot with a great view of a water and scenery close to it, like maybe a lake or a river. You checked and it's a good distance away from where you're going to build your property, like maybe a hill.

The chances of this property flooding are pretty low, so you might ask...

"Why in the world am I in a high-risk flood zone? How do I get it changed?"

The Flood Insurance Guru | YouTube | What is a Letter of Map Amendment

Well, there's a process you can go through to get this changed. It's called a letter of map amendment or LOMA. What this means is that we submit different elevations over to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to have them review and get your property removed from the high-risk flood zone or special flood hazard area.

The Flood Insurance Guru | YouTube | What is a Letter of Map Amendment

Some people forget that this is an option. Although it's a rare option since it depends on different floor elevations on the Elevation Certificate. Any option is better than no option, right?

If you have questions on how to get your property removed from these zones or figure out the flood zone your property really is in, just click the links below so we could help you out.

Remember, we have an educational background in flood mitigation. so that your property value's safe for long term. With us, flood education and awareness is number one and we want to share it with you to prepare you for when crap happens:

The Flood Insurance Guru | Chris Greene | YouTubeThe Flood Insurance Guru | 2054514294


  • There are no suggestions because the search field is empty.


See all

Related Posts